Saturday, December 8, 2012

Am I Creating? ...Edited

Happy Saturday !!! Hope this post finds you all well and warm . It has been a strange sort of busy week here at my lil raggedy homestead, decided to make this post as I have had many emails and comments in re: to whether I am still creating or not ??? The answer is YES !!! However not as much as I need be , Princess and I have been battling sickness seems like non-stop since Sept 20 and many trips to the Dr for it , add to that health issues with the ex, and my own health/pain issues ..I AM EXHAUSTED , and mentally drained !
  As I mentioned in previous posts alot has changed in my life ...most not for the best ...however as they say when life gives ya lemons ...well you know ...:0) add tequilla and salt lol NO NOT REALLY ...but it sounds like a great time ! Now that a few things are "FINALIZED" I can share with you ...as you know I had back surgery 2 years ago Jan ...well my employer laid me off indefinitely...well the short of it they gave me a TON of run -around and a very stressful existence ...my surgeon released me to return to work last OCT with permanent restrictions (and yes Im leaving alot of details out and alot of the confusion ) my employer finally in Sept of this year decided to demand I have my restrictions updated ie: lifted or voluntarily quit ...this certified letter came 5 days before my unemployment was to be totally exhausted and to run out completely and 3 weeks after I had thrown the Mr out of the house  ! So after much stress, many hassles , many unjumpable hoops I resigned from my job!
  So one door closes ...another one opens right??? Well not neccessarily ...seems no matter what plan I tried to come up with , what idea , what ave....someone kept slamming a door in my face ! I was even denied for public assistance because her highness gets $573 a SSI survivors benefits (her real dad committed suicide in March )  and APPARENTLY that is making too much for any help and my rent is $500 a month!!! WTH??? I didn't want it as a way of life I needed it to care for my child and to maintain my independence until I could find out how to proceed with whatever avenue we were to travel down .( yes I could live with my mother ...but Im 37 yrs old she has already raised me and has a life of her own ...that will be a last resort only )
  So to shorten the story even more ...here I am today ...my new door to life wide open... I reckon...I am standing here scratching my head and want you to know ...I AM creating and will continue creating as much as I physically can and as much as I can financially afford ...AS THIS IS NOW THE ONLY MEANS I HAVE to support myself and my family :0) ...and your friendship and support however are PRICELESS to me and mean so much more than any $$$ I could ever have !
 I am going to try harder to post regular ..however between a VERY demanding 5 yr old , trying to maintain a home and trying to create and make a living and my health I may not be able to, but I will try !
 So now you have the short of the long of it all ...and as much as I hate to I must get to stitching ...wishing each of you a wonderful blessed rest of your weekend and until we meet again ...Ill always be a lil raggedy angie! hugs

























19 comments:

  1. hI, Just found your blog and hope things improve for you. Sorry for all the difficulties.

    I wanted to ask if you are selling the holiday mouse in a mitten. If so, how much and how much for shipping to 01834.

    Thanks, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang, You have been through the mill and back.
    I will call you later I just read your post and knew most of what has been going on.
    I am very happy that you are still crafting, it is a great outlet for you.
    I LOVE the red prim mittens and the prim small stockings. I LOVE it all!
    You are so talented.
    You are right when God closes a door he opens a window.
    I am praying for you girlie and call me anytime you want to vent,I am a great listener!
    What you went through at your job was 100% WRONG!

    You are a tough cookie and I know you well enough that you WILL make it through this rough time.

    Praying for your girlie and call anytime, I did try and call you about 5 minutes ago but no answer!!!!
    BIG HUGS and LOTS OF LOVE your way,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it was the prim socks that I LOVE! I said stockings like an idoit, sorry.
    Hugs again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww....hatin' that you're in a rough patch....I know too well what it feels like....But I'd rather be sewing tonight than what I'm doing!! ;o Your new creations are all kinds of wonderful! LOVE the holiday mouse, your prim frosty, and the warm snowy fellas especially. Stay warm and cozy....I'll try to send some of this white stuff headin' our way YOUR way.... ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, you know how much all of us respect and love you and the Princess. You are strong and will find a way through all of this mess. You are really clicking away on your goodies! I started my business with $5...so have faith...it can be done!! Big hugs...Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie ,so sorry that you have been going through so much.Praying that a special door will open for you soon.Big hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very sorry that life has been so hard for you, my friend. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you keep creating! You are SO talented! I still love my swan and all of your wonderful creations! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angie,
    I hate that you are having such a rough time of it. You know that I know what back pain is and how it can limited what you are able to do. I hope and pray that things get better for you in 2013! I love those cute red mittens and the snowmen are so cute. Please send me prices if you have time.
    Hugs,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs to you, Angie girl, you will make it! Your creations are always wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Angie - I'm so sorry things have been so rough for you. But you are one tough gal and I know you will make the best of whatever 'punches' come your way.
    Hang in there dear - things WILL get better.
    Hugs and blessings - love your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear that times have been hard for you. Keeping you in my prayers. Hang in there...I just know that things will get better.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear from you Angie. Sorry for all the hard times you are having. It has been a tough year for sure. I love all of your goodies, especially the mouse in the mitten.
    Hang in there, I hope the new year is a better one.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh sweetie! Hard times you know you'll get through though you are tough.I'm here if you need me.I'm not sure I would have quit seems they were trying to bully you.Fight the decision on benefits they might be going back to far,and get the ball rolling for disability.Hope you sell lots of your goodies.Been hard here as well with hubby not able to work till at least feb.Big Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope everything gets better soon Angie. Thank you for your card! You are so sweet. The CHristmas season is magical and I pray it will be magical for you and some well deserved miracles will happen! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about all those difficulties you are going through. Sometimes you have to get through the worst to get to that happiness! Keeping you in my prayers.
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry to hear what a hard time you've been having. You're such a trooper and I'm hoping and praying for much better times ahead for you. ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,
    I would like to purchase the Christmas mouse mitten. Please let me know how much and shipping to 01834.

    Thanks, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear about your difficulties..just not fair about your job. Your creations are so fun and currently the feedsack I purchased from you is now decked in Christmas greens with a candy cane and ginger. I love it! Hope the best for you. Take care, Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing my blog! Your comments and suggestions are welcome here:)