Thursday, January 5, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND...


 A VERY HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY TO MY LIL PRINCESS! We hope you had a great New Years holiday and are as excited for the coming year as we are !I'm still in shock that my lil blog Princess is now "double digits " , how did that happen ??? I mean it seems just like yesterday that she was sitting on my lap and we were just  starting this blog !!
   Princess and I ,woke New Years Day and had breakfast "tacos" with my Mom , Step Dad, and Mr. Chuck in celebration of the Princesses special day ....followed by CFB (Cake for Breakfast... an oreo ice cream sandwich cake made by Mommy  ) just as her highness requested . lol  After breakfast and showers we headed out to do a lil shopping . The Princess had gift cards from Christmas burning holes in her royal pockets . First stop BUILD A BEAR !! She found a BAB Lion to fall in love with and dressed it in all the Birthday finest .O is that place fun ...but what a money pit. lol  I do however wish I had a machine to stuff creations like they have !!  We visited a few other stores and did a lil clothing shopping , then had dinner at Red Robin (one of her faves and free because she is a member of their royalty club ), and made a quick stop at Krispy Kreme for a warm glazed doughnut for dessert , because the light was on lol ... before heading home.
Mmm Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich cake so easy to make and O so Yummy

MAKE A WISH

SILLY BLOG KITTY THINKS THE EMPTY BAG IS A GIFT FOR HIM :)
MEET RAINBOW THE BIRTHDAY LION
 I spent Monday and Tuesday  trying to recoup from the holidays and quite honestly didn't even get out of my jammas either day . Princess returned to school yesterday and I got her on the bus and off to school , and I came home and  went back to bed for a couple hours , I got up around one feeling far better and managed to get my holiday decorations packed away and a lil housework completed .

Today my projects are: cooking  a 10 lb ham , Mr. Chuck gave us(purchased at $8 ... half off after Christmas)  , a lil housework and sewing  a stack of burp cloths for the Mommy of Princesses bff... Ms. Z as she's due to have a baby girl  in 4 weeks .

 I always stud my ham with whole cloves and  add apple cider to the pan , and cover with foil  then 30 mins before it's finished cooking I glaze it with an apple cider glaze... as I find that it makes a very flavorful , moist ham . How do you like to prepare your hams? Any special tips and tricks? I am including my ham glaze , and ice cream sandwich cake recipes for your use , you can find them by clicking the recipe tab at the top of the page . Thanks for visiting I must go... I hear the sewing machine calling my name ...Wishing each of you a wonderful day and until we meet again ...Ill always be ...just a lil raggedy...hugs .

HAM STUDDED AND CIDER ADDED ...AND MY STACK OF SEWING FOR THE DAY
COULDN'T RESIST SHARING THIS CUTIE ....THIS MORNING SHE AND RAINBOW HAVE THE SAME HAIR DO ;)

3 comments:

  1. I CANNOT believe princess is 10...boy time sure does fly by. I know all about Build A Bear. My granddaughter wanted one a few years back too! A bit expensive, but worth the smile on the kiddos face. Thanks for sharing your recipes! Hope you have a great weekend! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Princess had such a special birthday...it's the only time she'll have a first time turning double digits, you know! The ham looks yummy...great minds must think alike...I picked one up yesterday. Mr. Crow likes to put pineapple and 7up on his hams...I find that version a bit too sweet...I like my hams plain...just plain. (Hence why I picked up a ham...Mr. Crow is gone for several days....ha ha). Hope you're staying warm...It's frigid here in Nod.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, I LOVE it when you visit with me :)~lilraggedyangie