Friday, January 15, 2016

TUNES FROM THE STONEAGE


 GOOD MORNING BLOGGERS!!! Thursday was quite an adventure to say the least ! I was up most of Wednesday night with one very sick , feverish, non-stop coughing lil Princess . I maybe got an hour of sleep and was very stiff and sore by daybreak , but I knew we needed to take a trip to see the Dr. since we have been battling this nonsense off and on since Thanksgiving , however I wasn't even sure I could ride in the car  the 20 minutes it takes to get to the Dr. So , I took my pain meds and hoped for the best ! So the best was... me crying in the car ten minutes into the trip...yep I've become a SISSY !!!  Anyhow in regards to the Princess... the Dr. says it's Viral this time and all we can do is treat the symptoms for now , and gave her Friday off of school , which means she now has a 5 day weekend , hopefully we can get her well by Tuesday's return to school! The big "CRY BABY " however had to take yet another pain pill just to try and make it home without crying ...FAIL!!!!

 We came home , had lunch( Mr. Chuck treated us to Wendy's )  , and then I sent Mr. Chuck to my storage to bring out a SURPRISE to help entertain the Princess while she rested on the couch today ...my old record player and 45's ! OMG!!! She had no clue what it was, what it did and had at least 5 million questions about those huge CD's and the singers on them  ...but she was most amused, that they even had music back in the stone ages when I was younger , because apparently when you're "9" ... being 40 is REALLY OLD ...and clearly half way to 80 and circling the drain  !ROFLMBO !!! So , that was a lil "FUN" in our rough morning !

I however laid down for about 20 minutes after the record Q & A , until Princess needed a new box of tissues ...I got up walked half way across the house and realized that ...OMG , I wasn't hurting !!! Well IMMEDIATELY after delivering the Princess her Puffs, I went to work tracing and cutting out "things " to work on, for  when I next was in bed , and I started to sit and sew them and decided that was NOT a good idea ...so I had Mr. Chuck move my machine to the counter again so I could sew standing up ..and by GOLLY ,I got EVERYTHING ...sewn and my dishes washed before I had to make myself stop ! (and yes I had to still stop and lie on the couch every so often in between tasks ) I could have pushed myself a bit longer when the pain started back up , but I started getting nautious ( which is what happens when you deal with extreme pain everyday your body gets used to you pushing through and trying to block it that the only way you realize just how bad you are is when you get sick, like an alarm of sorts  ) . But I won't lie , if only for a short time , it felt AMAZING to get out of this darn bed and accomplish something no matter how small !

The rest of the day was spent laying in bed , snuggling Princess , watching Ruby Gloom on Netflix ,hand stitching and stuffing the things I had started earlier !
So there you have it my crazy Thursday in a nutshell...Wishing each of you an AMAZING Friday ...and until we meet again ...I'll always be ...just a lil raggedy .Hugs!


She really enjoyed the books w/records ...Petes Dragon was her fave !
she was laughing listening to FUNKYTOWN !!!
a few oldies lol
WOO HOO ...PEDAL TO THE FLOOR BABY ! THIS WAS RIGHT BEFORE HE MOVED THE MACHINE FOR ME ...PAY NO MIND TO MY SEXY THURSDAY HAIR DO :)



I MADE THESE ASST "FILLER"  HEARTS TODAY  ...HOWEVER I'M NOT SURE THAT I'M FINISHED WITH THEM JUST YET ...SO STAY TUNED
I MADE THESE LIL FLAT HEART ORNIES OUT OF VINTAGE FEEDSACK SCRAPS , I BELIEVE THESE ARE GOING TO A DEAR FRIEND OF MINE
THESE FLAT HOMESPUN HEART ORNIES WILL GO ON MY NEW TREE IN THE BEDROOM
THESE LARGER ORNIES WERE MADE FROM AN ANTIQUE NATIVE AMERICAN TRADE BLANKET AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO DO WITH THEM JUST YET

2 comments:

  1. I really love the hearts you made. They're just so cute! I bet the homespun hearts will look fantastic on your bedroom tree. But sorry to hear your daughter is sick! The record player was sheer genius to get out for her. How I wish I had been able to keep some of my old things! Hope you feel better and have another "respite" from your pain today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry princess was sick but good you were able to get upnd do some things. The hearts are sweet. Oh the old record players. Such memories. Warm Blessings!~♥Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, I LOVE it when you visit with me :)~lilraggedyangie